I have never given much thought as to how much all of the makeup I use on a daily basis costs as a whole. I can think of a rough estimate, but I would probably be wrong. I think most of us would be wrong!
I was tagged by the awe-inspiring glamnecessities to participate in this, so here we go!
That doesn’t look nearly as hoard like as I thought it was going to. No turning back now!
Eyes and Brows:
• Urban Decay eye-shadow in Sellout=$18
• Urban Decay eye-shadow in Busted=$18
• Urban Decay Primer Potion=$20
•Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Ash Brown=$18
• Anastasia Clear Brow Gel=$22
• Anastasia Brow Brush #12=$18
• Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Black Ink=$25
• Lancôme Maquicomplet Concealer in Correcteur=$31
• Guerlain Cils d’Enfer Mascara in Black=$30
• It Cosmetics Airbrush Angled Liner Brush=$12
• It Cosmetics Live Beauty Fully Eye Smudger Brush #221=$18
• It Cosmetics Live Beauty Fully Small Shadow Brush #220=$18
• It Cosmetics Live Beauty Fully All-Over Shadow Brush #216=$20
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe Effortless Crease Brush #320=$26
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe Plush All-Over Shadow Brush #322=$26
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe Smooth Concealer Brush #314=$28
• Clinique Pop Lip Colour+Primer in Bare Pop=$18
• Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Liner in Thrilled=$15
• Benefit Dandelion=$28
• Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Original=$36
• Benefit The POREfessional=$31
• Bare Minerals Well Rested=$19
• Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light=$45
• Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder=$33
• It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation in Fair=$35
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe Flawless Face Brush #311=$38
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe LBD Powder Brush #307=$48
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe LBD Foundation Brush #302=$38
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe Plush Powder Brush #313=$38
• It Cosmetics Velvet Luxe Soft Focus Sculpting Brush #315=$34
• It Cosmetics Live Beauty Fully Highlight & Blending Brush #223=$26
• It Cosmetics Live Beauty Fully Blending Concealer Brush #203=$22
Grand total=$842! Deep breath!
In my defense, I am sure that mine is not the most expensive face. Since there were no rules I am tagging everyone who would like to participate in this as well. I need to compare! Tell me I am not the only one!
Is there such a thing as “The Perfect Mascara”? I would love to think so, as we live in a world where technology allows me to start my washer and dryer from the convenience of my smart phone. It only makes sense that something as simple as a mascara brush should outperform itself in this day and age, right? I have tried so many different mascaras throughout my life, some of them bad, some of them good, some of them great.
Someone should really develop a mascara Bingo game!
My latest venture in mascara is the new Guerlain Cils d’Enfer So Volume, or Maxi Lash So Volume. This is supposed to be an even more volumizing version of the original popular Maxi Lash, with a blacker than black color. There are oil pigments in the formula that is supposed to keep it from flaking. The brush is modernized with the plastic teeth, that are supposed to grab the lashes.
Cils d’Enfer, French for “lashes from hell”. Scandaleux de troisième degré!
• This is the blackest mascara I have ever used. I mean the blackest! You definitely get your color payoff with this one.
• You really, REALLY do not need to apply a ton of coats with this. In fact if you do, you will end up with the dreaded “tarantula lashes”. With the first coat you will see some good length.
• You get some pretty decent curl with this one.
• It washes off so easily with cleanser and water. That is very important to me, because I hate having to rub my lashes at all in order to get anything off.
• It tends to be a bit clumpy. Having said that, I do not think that there will ever be a mascara that is completely clump free.
• There is a heavy floral fragrance to it. I have never had a fragranced mascara before. As long as it is not irritating to my eyes I do not mind it. So far so good.
• I did notice a very tiny amount of flaking by the end of the night. In the mascara’s defense however, I did put it on at 9 a.m. and didn’t wash it off until about 10:30 that night. It lasted through lunch with friends (sushi and crab-cakes), errands, meeting friends at a fine art gallery for an expo, then dinner (sushi again). It was a full day! Some flakiness should be expected I suppose.
• For a price tag of $30, I expect it to completely live up to the price.
Overall, I like this mascara. The trick is to apply it with a light hand, light coats at a time. Otherwise, you can easily overdo it and have to start over. I do not think that this is “The Perfect Mascara”, but it is a great one that would be worth trying.
Now, I swear on all that is Chanel that I bought this at Sephora, but for some reason it is not on the website at the moment. You can however purchase it at Nordstrom.
Have you gotten your hands on this yet? If so what do you think?